Friday, May 10, 2019

ASOS Shopping and Shipping to Manila

Sharing my experience shopping at ASOS -- for the first time! I had my apprehensions (for good measure, more on this later) since I was concerned that I was going to have a hard time at customs. 

February 24, 2019 - I received an email from ASOS that my order has been dispatched. No tracking number was provided because I availed of the Standard Delivery. According to the site, not all Standard Deliveries are provided with a tracking number. 

Price for Standard Delivery is £6.00, but it's free if you spend beyond £30.00. 

March 18, 2019 - I sought their help on tracking my package because I have not received a notice from the Post Office that my package was available for claiming.

On my first try to reach out, they told me to wait until the first week of April to get a notice from the Post Office. If I still don't, they told me to reach out again.

The first week of April came and went -- still no notice. So I messaged ASOS again. I don't recall the exact message, but they appeased me that they would look into the matter and try to check where the package could be stuck.

April 8, 2019 - They emailed me to say they are replacing my order! They didn't give an explanation as to what happened with my initial order, but I was really very pleased that they replaced it! I got the email the following day saying it was dispatched already. At this point I was losing hope already. I was just grateful that I did not spend a significant amount. 

BUT!!! On April 30 (or was it May 1) I got my notice from the Post Office that I could pick up the package at the Pasay City Central Post Office! 

May 6, 2019 - I went to the Pasay City Central Post Office in Tramo. I was expecting to get my package at the EMS/CMEC Post Office at Domestic Road because a number of colleagues said that's where they got their packages from overseas, but for some reason I got mine from Tramo. FYI, I got mine from the Pasay City Post Office because the address I placed for my order is in Pasay.

I went to pick up my package at around 4:30 (Office hours are from 8AM to 5PM) and there were just two people ahead of me. I paid just P112 for Customs Exam Fee, as stated in the notice. I wasn't given a hard time at all--no under the table payments or anything! So that was a relief.

Parking at the Pasay City Central Post Office in Tramo: None--there's a small driveway enough for one car, and if you're unlucky, you might not be able to secure this spot. I went there via Grab, which was a good idea because in order to get to the Post Office, you need to pass through a skinny street, enough for one vehicle to pass through at a time.

Post-Shopping reflections:

Would I shop on ASOS again? Definitely. Customer service was hands down, very very good. I really appreciate the swift action on my order. What I'm concerned with however, is buying something that's not my size and having to return it... Maybe that's for a separate post.

I hope you found this informative!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.