Thursday, October 12, 2017

Beauty Review: Laura Mercier Baby Lips Lip Pencil and Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Attraction


Time and again I'd swear off pink lips-- i feel like pink lips don't really suit me. And that they make my teeth look yellow. I think red is more my color. But then something would trigger me to try a new pink. In this case, it was Miranda Kerr's Wedding Makeup Tutorial.


I ~accidentally~ passed by a Laura Mercier store a few weeks ago and thought I'd take a look. They still had a couple of Read my Lips Collection on display and the Nudes tandem were still available. The Nudes includes the Baby Lips Lip Pencil and the Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Attraction. I don't know why they were placed under the Nudes category when they were clearly very pink... Anyway, I wanted to buy just a tube of lipstick but it was such a bargain to get a lipstick AND Miranda Kerr's Lip Pencil almost for the price of one item!

Baby Lips Lip Pencil



Laura Mercier Baby Lips Lip Pencil is such a pretty shade of pink. It's punchy rather than muted-- if they had this in lipstick form I'd totally get it. The product, though in pencil form, is pretty thick and soft. Think lip stick in pencil form. Which was a surprise since the only other lip pencil I have (MAC) was pretty hard-- making it easy to line the lips. First time I tried the Laura Mercier Baby Lips Lip Pencil, I used a heavy hand and i thought I'd ruin the point of the pencil! Luckily I didn't-- but it's not so sharp anymore.

Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Attraction



To be honest, one reason why I wanted to ~check out~ some lipsticks was because a friend had pointed out that I keep buying mattes even though I have the driest lips on the planet. Laura Mercier had some sheer ones with a bit of sheen and the Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Attraction was the perfect shade to try (since I'm in one of those pink moods again). I love that this goes on real sheer--it's a welcome break from the thick creamy matte nudes that I've been so partial to since March 2016. 


{Swatch of Laura Mercier Velour Lovers Lip Colour in Attraction and Baby Lips Lip Pencil}

Can you see how sheer Attraction is compared to Baby Lips? They work well together though! These two are my go-to lip products as of late. Hopefully I will get to finish the tube and the pencil before I get tired of pinks again!






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.