Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Plant Lady



My plant care journey has been pretty long and challenging. I tried with succulents first-- I thought those were easy to care for-- they're not. I tried loving succulents five (5) times actually-- failed at all attempts. 



And then this year-- because I really wanted to have plants in our condo-- I took care of air plants. I read maaaaaany articles saying that air plants can withstand neglect and are easy to care for-- THEY'RE NOT. You have to figure out how much light and water they need-- where to hang them and how long to soak them, etc. In the end I realized, it's such a needy plant it's not for someone who's busy. 


My Mom has a green thumb and growing up I thought I'd inherit that-- I obviously didn't-- until she persuaded me to get these ivy plants; I clearly don't have a green thumb because I don't even know the exact names of these two. But I love them because they are so easy to take care of. I just spritz them with water every morning and place them by the window with the curtains down. I don't want to risk burning them/drying them out like I did my air plants...


If you're considering having plants in your home, and not too happy spending too much, do give these a try. I bought these two for just P35 each and it's such a worthy purchase. They're both growing and the one in the pot is ready for cutting and eventually repotting. 

Finally a plant lady!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.