Thursday, March 22, 2018

Three Things to do More Of and Less Of


MORE

1. Sleep more. Gosh this has been on my to-do list and my new year's resolutions SINCE I WAS A CHILD. But, I really need to work on this one. I'm lucky my husband goes to sleep early and is slowly influencing me to do the same. Prior to getting married I can stay up until 2 or 3AM. Now though, my latest is at 11PM. Or maybe I'm just getting old?

2. Incorporate more vegetables in home meals. This is more for my husband than for me, really. Whenever I'm in the office I'd usually order a dish that's heavy on vegetables. Whereas my husband prefers fast food whenever we are not at home and I'm not monitoring his meals.



3. Read More. As a child I grew up surrounded by books. My parents made it a point to fill my childhood with as much books. Growing up, they supported my habit of reading (they're pretty big readers, too) which started with picture books, moved on to graphic novels, and on to novels. I was fortunate to have gone to a school with the latest book titles so a huge chunk of student life was spent at the library. In college however, reading for pleasure was taken over by required reading. I'd still be able to read books, but the quantity has greatly diminished. That continued until the day I started working. My current job requires us to read, read, read that reading has become work to me. That I would rather watch or do something else on my spare time. But lately, I've made it a point to start reading again. In fact, I have made it a point to take note of books to include in my reading list. 



LESS

1. Complain. I have this bad habit of making small talk by starting with a complaint normally about the weather (Always a safe topic though not the best conversation-starter). Though I've never been one who's excellent with conversations anyway. But hearing someone complain can be annoying, especially if a complaint is the first thing you'll hear from someone you meet. Also, complaining can be quite counter-productive as you just tend to dwell on the negativity rather than look for a solution.

2. Hold on to Stuff in my Closet. I've always been sentimental / a bit of a hoarder. I had to put a stop to that when Kevin and I moved in to a condo (Most of my stuff are left at my parents'-- which I will purge soon) since cleaning is a pain. What I failed to put an end to is the auditing of my closet. With a small space, I need to just stick with what I really use and let go of things that might come in handy when I go to the beach or in the future.



3. Phone. I don't know when it started--might have been since I moved in with Kevin who is so particular with internet speed--but I've been super hooked on my phone as of late. Constantly scrolling through Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Even when Kevin and I are binge watching a TV series or on Movie Nights. Kevin has pointed this out twice already so I'm making an effort to disconnect when I need to.


I bet my husband would have preferred if I included "Shop" under the LESS List-- HAH. NOPE.

I'd like to know if you have your own More of/Less of! Do share in the comments section below.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.