Thursday, March 1, 2018

Beauty Review // Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso


I've been seeing this blush from beauty vloggers long before I purchased it. I thought, I don't need a coral blush. I'm fine with the pink ones I have. Besides, I don't have a coral lip product to pair it with. HOWEVER. While we were at a mall in Tokyo, I saw A LOT of Japanese ladies buying the Dior Lip Glow and I saw this coral shade that I really, really liked. I didn't buy it right then and there however as it was EXPENSIVE. On our way home however, while we were at Duty Free, I saw the Dior Lip Glow in the shade I wanted and at a lower, more reasonable (I think) price so I bought it! So anyway, I had a coral lip, without a coral blush to match HAHA and so that was my push to buy this blush already.


This blush is beautiful. I love it since it combines both color and highlight. Therefor minimizing  my makeup time in the morning. I thought this was going to be expensive and unavailable in Manila, but I was so happy I found it on Beauty MNL.


Here's how Milani describes the Baked Blush-- 


At first I thought the product was really powdery on the pan, but I was pleasantly surprised as it was powdery but it didn't go all over the place. The color is also very buildable and gives that glowy look. As I have very visible pores, I make sure that I double up on pore primer with this one as it can really highlight visible pores with the fine shimmer.


I haven't seen what other people have said about Luminoso but this really reminds me of the NARS Orgasm. The color is peachy-coral and the shimmer is GOLD. I love it. It's like NARS Orgasm at a better price. 


See how pretty? SWOONING. 

Anyway, here are the pros and cons:

PROS:
+ affordable
+ combines two products : blush and highlight
+ this is a product that will go well on any skin tone; but will flatter medium to dark tones more I think
+ staying power is pretty impressive
+ that's a lot of product in the pan. I've been using this very often and it still seems new!

CONS:
- the brush. Never mind the brush, get yourself a better one.
- can highlight visible pores; primer necessary!
- will take some time to get used to where to put the product on because you want the shimmer to just highlight the apples of your cheeks, right? Not the entire cheek


If you're on the lookout for an inexpensive coral blush (with a highlighter!) I highly recommend this xxx



The Milani Baked Blush Luminoso is available at BeautyMNL for P499

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.