Thursday, April 5, 2018

Keep Me Clean


Sharing two of my favorite makeup removers today! The Avene Micellar Lotion and the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. The latter of course, was an afterthought purchase while I was in Tokyo.

01. Avene Micellar Lotion

Truth be told, sometimes I get home super tired from work and the first thing I do is remove my makeup with this and then... I end up falling asleep. LOL, disgusting I know, but I'm getting old and not as energetic as I once was. 

Anyway, I found out about Avene way back in high school (more than 10 years ago). My dermatologist suggested I try out their facial mist to keep my face calm. Back then Avene wasn't in the Philippines yet and I had to get my Avene from my dermatologist. And it was so costly! Luckily, Avene's here now and my skincare routine is largely powered by maaaany Avene products. 

Their Micellar lotion was also suggested by the same dermatologist, whom i still go to actually. When I'm in a hurry (most of the time) I use this to remove my makeup. I love that this is gentle enough to use for the eyes and lips. 

There's no cloying chemical scent to it and does the job real well. It removes makeup without feeling like I removed my skin as well.

02. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

This was not on my To Buy List for our Tokyo trip in January, but I kept seeing this on each and every drugstore I went into so I thought I'd get a bottle and try it out. 

According to DHC, the Deep Cleansing Oil is ideal for those with normal and combination skin, but I'm stubborn like that so I still tried it even though I have Oily and Sensitive skin. No negative reactions from my skin though!

I like to use this product when I feel like my face is so blah and needs a bit of pampering. The Deep Cleansing Oil is meant to be massaged onto the face and then rinsed off with lukewarm water. So when I'm not rushing to go to bed, I spend a significant amount of time massaging onto my face before rinsing it off. 

Tried this on my eyes, but found it too thick for my liking. So I stick with my Avene Micellar Lotion for the eye area. 

I didn't expect much from this product, but after trying it out it looks like I'm going to be incorporating this to my skincare routine. Definitely buying this again!


What's your go-to makeup remover? Let me know in the Comments Section below!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.