Thursday, September 14, 2017

How To: Gradient Lips


FIRST OF ALL, MAY I JUST SAY, I HAVE A NEWFOUND RESPECT FOR BEAUTY BLOGGERS AS THIS SHIT'S HARD. 

I spent close to an hour taking photos for this Gradient Lips post-- and a gazillion hours editing. I first used Kevin's SLR and boy did that burst my self-esteem. Gird your loins if you'll make a beauty post with an SLR-- it's gonna show every flaw. So I used our Sony Point and Shoot instead. Still flawed AF, but less harsh and also less heavy for taking the necessary selfies for this post.

The album for this post has 92 photos. Seriously. Making a beauty how to is tough.

Anyway, I've been on the Gradient Lips trend for a while now and I really like it. Some people would use a concealer for their base (I STILL DON'T HAVE ONE, CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST A GOOD ONE FOR OILY SKIN?), but I prefer nude lipsticks.

{Tools of the Trade}

Products I used for this Gradient Lips Tutorial




Procedure


One and Two: Put on one swipe of your chosen base. I dabbed on the Maybelline Matte in Nude Embrace to cancel out the Coral undertones of the Happy Skin Lipstick.

Three: Dab the tint on the center of your lips. 

Four: Blend outwards using your finger or a cotton bud. 

Optional: You can put lip gloss on the center of your lips (at the area where tint is darkest) if you don't want the too matte look.  



I'd like to know your thoughts on this beauty tutorial! Let me know in the Comments Section below!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.