Thursday, September 21, 2017

How To: Clean Jewelry


My Mom and my grandmother had trust issues cleaned their jewelry themselves. Whenever I would need to borrow a pair of earrings from my Mom, she would clean them herself using powder laundry detergent--Tide at that. According to her, that's how my Grandmother cleaned hers too. 


When I started buying my own jewelry, I never bothered to clean them (HEHE), except for my engagement ring which I brought to have cleaned professionally. While I was at the jewelry store, the person cleaning told me I could clean the ring myself-- WITH TIDE. The store didn't even bother to charge me with a fixed amount, i just gave him a tip. 


I asked the clerk how it's done, and to my surprise, his instructions were the same as my Mom's. 


No. 1 : Mix warm water with powder laundry detergent (Tide was highly recommended). Keep jewelry soaked for 20 to 30 minutes (though my Mom likes to keep hers overnight).



No. 2 : Rinse jewelry, make sure you cover the drain with a dish so your jewelry won't fall in!



No. 3 : Brush jewelry with a toothbrush. Then rinse again.



No. 4 : Air dry on a paper towel.



You'd be surprised at how sparkly your jewelry will be!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.