Sunday, August 27, 2017

Bedside Table Inspiration


It has been six months since we moved into our rented condo, and I still don't have a bedside table. Normally I'd put my phone on Kevin's side since he has one. I'd really like my own now since I've gotten sick of rolling over to his side to put/get my phone on his bedside table. Also, I'd really like to get a lamp so I could get some reading in before I sleep.

What I have in mind is something a bit light, won't take up too much space, will have ample surface for a lamp, my phone, and several (stacked) books. Our bedroom walls are white and we have parquet wood flooring so I guess/hope that it won't be too hard to find something that will match those.

I haven't started on a real hunt yet, but here are some of my inspirations.

1. Wooden with an Industrial Touch



Our condo is heavy on wood so something like this would definitely match. If I had my way though, I'd like to incorporate industrial elements to break the heavy wood aesthetic.

2. Geometric with lots of storage



I have a soft spot for geometric accents so if I find one like this I'd probably buy it on the spot. I really like the shape and storage, but maybe in white since lighter wood could clash with the heavy wood elements in our bedroom. 


3. Cart



I'd love to find a cart similar to this! It's industrial, there's so much storage, AND it would make cleaning the area SO MUCH EASIER as opposed to having a chunky, heavy one which is so hard to move whenever I'm sweeping the floor.

4. Stool 



I have a strong feeling that I will end up buying this for my bedside table. There are soooo many options and it's functional for reaching stuff stored in high areas HEHEHE. Maybe I should consider getting a step ladder for a bedside table? HEHE. 

Once I've found something I'll make sure to post the before and after on the blog. Wish me luck on my hunt!


Image Sources
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.