Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Beauty Mistakes I made in My 20s

Beauty Mistakes I made in my 20s

As a child I would find ways to get into my Mom's or my Lola's makeup bags. I remember tinkering AND EVENTUALLY BREAKING my Mom's eyeshadow palette and trying on her lipstick. My Titas were always quick to point out that I've been trying on the grown ups' lipstick again. Fast forward to college, I began to experiment with cheek tint (which were so hard to blend back then!) and liquid eyeliner (Still a preference over the pencil ones as those always smudge because my skin is so oily). I perfected the cheek tint by the time I hit my 20s, but did not do so well with the liquid eyeliner as they would look like squiggly lines on my eyelids. Lucky for me, I've learned a lot from the Beauty Mistakes I made in my 20s:

1. Having my brows groomed too thin. I got my bushy eyebrows from my Dad and when I was old enough to have them groomed, I did that stat. Sadly though the first few people who groomed them came from a generation where thin brows were favored over natural, thick brows. I'm thankful that after much threading and tweezing (and waxing) my eyebrows are starting to grow full again.

2. Using Foundation a Shade (or Two) lighter than my face. I am so happy I have very limited photos of this because looking back, it looked like I had a mask on.

3. Neglecting the 'Skin Type' Label on Products. Have you heard of the rule that when you have oily skin, you're better off using makeup that are powder-based rather than cream-based? Well, I neglected that and maaaanyy photos would show me glistening/shining because of my preference to use products that were not apt for my skin type. 

4. Neglecting Oil Control Products. I have extremely active oil glands and back then (especially when you're busy working) I tend to neglect retouches. The nature of my job entails that I interact with a lot of people and I'm pretty sure that during the time when I'd choose not to retouch, they'd notice how oily my skin was. Luckily I am no longer as lazy now. I still don't like using powder all that much, but I always have oil control film on hand.

5. Not Prepping my Lips for Lipstick. I had a phase wherein I really, really favored matte lipsticks over the creamy ones. I would apply the lipstick without scrubbing my lips first and then coating it with lip balm and so by midday, my lips were a flaky mess. 


I'd like to know if you had any beauty mistakes that you've committed when you were younger. Do share in the comments section below!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© thursday after seven. Design by FCD.